[DPRG] IMHO we should .... in 2004

Subject: [DPRG] IMHO we should .... in 2004
From: Frank & Gail Elia elia_frank at hotmail.com
Date: Mon Jan 5 11:04:01 CST 2004

Hi John

I propose that we have fun building robots. To help acheive this goal, I
recommend the club set its sights on ways to make robotting easier for
members - old and new alike. A few ideas:

- continue to upgrade DPRG World Headquarters to make it more comfortable
for club members. Let's address the heating and cooling issues. It would be
a good use of our dues money. The clubhouse is the place where we work on
our robots, prepare for contests and in general talk shop. Our goal is to
promote building robots, what better way to do it than have a comfortable,
well equipped workspace? Which leads us to........

- use club dues to buy tools for the clubhouse. A drill press, scroll saw,
cnc machine, lathe, band saw, etc. Most of us can't afford to buy these
tools for ourselves, but through group buying - dues -we can put together a
nice shop. It would also be a good way to attract new members. If one day we
loose Mike's space, then we rent a space if needed. A hands on club needs a
hands on clubhouse.

- move our monthly meeting to the clubhouse. The clubhouse is fun and has
the resources we need to build and discuss robots. If Mike is OK with this.

See y'all romorrow night.

Frank