[DPRG] Nuts&Volts&Servos

Subject: [DPRG] Nuts&Volts&Servos
From: David P. Anderson dpa at io.isem.smu.edu
Date: Wed Jan 7 16:28:01 CST 2004

Howdy

Fry's in Garland does indeed carry "Nuts & Volts" and "Servos" magazine,
though they did not have the current issue of either when I checked
last week.

We've seen lots of Robot hobbiest magazines come and go (mostly go) over
the past 10 years or so.  Hopefully "Servos" will have more staying power...

Reading Dan Gates article about his bi-pedal walker in Nuts&Volts made me
wonder, though.  N&V has a much wider readership than Servos, and I bet most
people that read Servos also read Nuts&Volts.  So, if you are an author and
want your article on robotics to get the widest possible audience, seems like
you will want to publish in N&V, rather than Servos, and get access to both
audiences that way.

Which doesn't bode well for Servos.

just a thought,
dpa