[DPRG] Servo Torque

Subject: [DPRG] Servo Torque
From: Ralph Tenny rften at swbell.net
Date: Wed Jan 14 23:05:02 CST 2004

If you can build a slip clutch, you can rig a beam balance that you
drive with the output of the clutch, and measure the torque directly.
That is, set the clutch at some degree of loading and run the servo.
With too light a load, the servo doesn't notice. If you set the load too
high, the servo stalls. Back down from that loading in small increments
until the servo just carries the load and you are close.

Is that enough, or do I need to elaborate on some details?
Ralph