[DPRG] Docking connector advice needed

Subject: [DPRG] Docking connector advice needed
From: Earl Bollinger earlwbollinger at comcast.net
Date: Fri Jan 23 21:26:00 CST 2004

Karim Virani wrote:
>I need some connector advice.  I want to back my robot up to a charging
station.  I haven't found a suitable connector, and I'm pretty sure that
fabricating my own won't offer the reliablity I'm looking for.  I've
found multitudes of connectors that meet some of my needs, but none that
meet all.

I use inductive pickups myself.
It's sort of like having a power transformer split into two parts. The
high voltage side on the wall, and the low voltage side on the robot.
No connectors, no contacts, no arcing and sparking. The robot can be off
somewhat and it still works OK.