[DPRG] need some computer parts and a Q on bus tranceivers

Subject: [DPRG] need some computer parts and a Q on bus tranceivers
From: MannyGerm at aol.com MannyGerm at aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 25 20:42:01 CST 2004

hi again.
  i know ive been off the list for a long time, but im back. Anyway, i need
some computer parts. I dont really care much about the quality of them except
for a few of them. What i need is a hard drive thats at least 4 gigabytes, a
crappy CD drive, some RAM (at least 150MB), a processor that goes above 750 MHz,
and only maybe, if the price is like through the floor, a monitor. I'll pay
some cash for this stuff, although i dont know what im willing to pay. I'll pay
the best offer. And i actually DO have a question related to robotics.
  My question is what on earth does the pin labeled "OE" do? Everything else
on the chip i know, but i have no remote idea on what OE is. This probably
makes me sound dumb, but oh well. The reason for the question is im making
Burrito 1.1 as 1.0 was a horrible failure because the board literally caught fire
(not related to electronics) but it worked for a breif period. I'm thinking of
using two bus tranceivers (or one) in a way so that two halves of the circuit
are completely isolated from each other besides the power bus. Its a work in
progress.
  My final thing i have to say is, for christmas, i got the sumovore kit from
solarbotics.com, and since i dont have a useable soldering iron, i need some
help.
           thanks,
                      Walter Briggs