[DPRG] Robotic.forsale newsgroup?

Subject: [DPRG] Robotic.forsale newsgroup?
From: W. E. Cole wecole at ev1.net
Date: Wed Jan 28 19:36:01 CST 2004

The problem with eBay (buying or selling, which I do both) is that it's
impratical for the small dollar items because it ends up costing more to
ship the item than the bid price to buy it, plus you have eBay's fees. A lot
of times the robotic part you want to buy (or sell) is something small, so
eBay isn't a good choice, unless you're dealing in bulk. The dfw.forsale
newsgroup is better because it's local, so no shipping problems; that's what
gave me the idea to look for a robotics.forsale type of newsgroup. Even if
it's not local and you have to pay for shipping, I think you would probably
find better prices on the smaller stuff since it wouldn't be sold at
auction.

~Bill