[DPRG] Frequency-Voltage converter

Subject: [DPRG] Frequency-Voltage converter
From: Ted Huntington thunting at uci.edu
Date: Fri Jan 30 10:47:01 CST 2004

Hi Sanjay

You can  use a PIC to sample the frequency, to 8 bit digital, then change
digital to analog with a TC1320, or similar 8-bit digital to analog chip.
That would be cool if there is a PIC that has a to d and d to a, most only
have a to d.  A simple capacitor measuring device would be useful, and
using a 555 is a good idea.  I guess the frequency should be as high as
possible for various capacitors, in order to measure as many sizes as
possible.

Ted

--
Ted Huntington
Programmer Analyst I
emesgs:  thunting at uci.edu
web page:  http://business.lib.uci.edu/webpages/ted.htm
8:00a-12:00p Business Office (949) 824-8926
1:00p-5:00p  Multimedia Resource Center (949) 824-1674
"Stop violence, teach science."