[DPRG] Which DOS is best?

Subject: [DPRG] Which DOS is best?
From: Jeffrey T. Birt birt_j at earthlink.net
Date: Sat Jan 31 10:51:01 CST 2004

Dale (and list)

As I didn't want to leave the fine members of this list with the idea that I
was condoning illegal software :
Interestingly the way Microsoft has the licensing details for MSDos and
QBasic listed on their website.  It's illegal to distibute copies of either
but if you have a legal copy of Dos then you may have a copy of ANY version
of QBasic.  So This seems so say that if you have a leagl copy of  Dos you
can 'obtain' a copy of QBasic to go with it, although it's illegal to
distibute it?

This leads me to believe the there must be some financial benifit to MS for
not releasing these products to the public domain.  Therefore it would only
be ethical to properly obtain this software in a proper manner.  I'm sure it
would be easy to scroung up unused leagl copies.

 Alas, I think I've managed to drive this thread completely off-topic.
Thanks for the C Compiler link.

Jeff