[DPRG] Recommendations for fast Wintel platform for CAD

Subject: [DPRG] Recommendations for fast Wintel platform for CAD
From: Chuck McManis cmcmanis at mcmanis.com
Date: Mon Oct 18 00:11:21 CDT 2004

This is the current system I like to put together for CAD applications:

         ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard   $96
         (includes SATA + GbE nics + Sound)
         Athlon XP3000+                  $180
         2GB of RAM (2 x 1GB ECC sticks)         $470
         ATI 9600XT (                    $200
         2x 160GB SATA drives            $116 x 2, $232
         Antec Case                      $120
         Sony OEM CDRW                   $30
         Floppy                          $10
         WinXP OEM                       $90
                                         ----
                 Total                   $1,428

That's from Central Computer, they will do Mail order.