[DPRG] Floor Tiles used for Robot Course

Subject: [DPRG] Floor Tiles used for Robot Course
From: ElevatorGuy elevatorguy at comcast.net
Date: Wed Oct 20 18:06:25 CDT 2004

Many of the line following robots (especially mine) slide so I agree
with Rick as to problems with edges of a multi piece course. Although, I
like the idea of being able to change the course layout. I wonder if
that snap together floating floor material you see at Home Depot would
work. You would need to paint over the factory finish but I think it
would solve the joint problem while maintaining ease of transportation.
Don't know how reconfigurable the course would be though.

As far as the color scheme on whatever floor surface is used. I think a
black field / white line is the way to go. Not because that's what my
robots run on. With a white field you would get more reflected ambient
light along with more IR scatter. This could cause considerable
frustration to any robot builder, especially novice ones.

Scott