[DPRG] Flooring...

Subject: [DPRG] Flooring...
From: Earl Bollinger earlwbollinger at comcast.net
Date: Wed Oct 20 19:41:12 CDT 2004

Well in thinking about it, in my opinion. . .

    I would suggest we simply lay down the white tape onto the floor at the
Science Place,

   or black tape, or silver tape, or gold tape.

Simple, no fuss, no mess, weight down to minimum of a few rolls of tape.

We simp,ly use contrasting tape as compared the the floor at the time.

A roboteer would have to calibrate his robot's sensors for the floor and
tape.

When a contest is over we simply pull the tape back up off the floor.

Now we have something that is more like a "real world" experience.

The robot can follow a line on most any floor in this case, it just needs
the appropriate contrasting line to follow.

Some roboteers already have robots that can follow the planet orbits on the
Science place floor,

So this should not pose a big problem for roboteers.

I think the giant picture window poses the greatest robot hazard that we
have that the other clubs don't.

So what the heck.