[DPRG] Bruce Shapiro and friends at FW Science Museum MindFest 2004

Subject: [DPRG] Bruce Shapiro and friends at FW Science Museum MindFest 2004
From: Dale Wheat dale at dalewheat.com
Date: Mon Oct 25 21:56:12 CDT 2004

All,

I had the pleasure of attending the Ft Worth Science Museum's MindFest
2004 and meeting Bruce Shapiro of the Twin Cities Robotics Group.  I
took a ton of pictures of Bruce and all the cool gadgets he brought with
him, including Sisyphus IV, the award winning sand plotter/art bot.  I
will bring a CD of all the photos to tomorrow nights's RBNO if anyone
wants to see them.

Bruce also gave me one of his "EggBots", which is a small spherical
plotter.  I will also be bringing that to RBNO for all to see.  Of
course I immediately spliced an AVR onto it, but I've also connected it
to my PC using the parallel port (as it was originally intended to
operate) and have successfuly driven it with KCam4 CNC software.  If
anyone knows more about the KCam program, I'm all ears.  I can get it to
jog along the 2 axes but don't understand the actual workings of the
program to be able to plot drawings on eggs (every boy's dream).

Thanks,

Dale Wheat
http://dalewheat.com
(972) 486-1317