[DPRG] Consumer robots (long)

Subject: [DPRG] Consumer robots (long)
From: R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Date: Tue Oct 26 18:44:59 CDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 18:26, Reece L. Bain, Jr. wrote:
> He has, however, a new prosthesis which has a
> microcontroller and servos which allow him to bend
> his knee.

This is probably the Otto-Bock C-Leg. There is one other company that
makes an advanced bionic/prosthetic leg, Victhom Bionics, but I'm not
sure if the Victhom leg is available yet. I have a relative who recently
lost a leg to a cell-phone-distracted SUV driver and is trying to get
the insurance company to cover a C-Leg. There was a robots.net story on
bionic legs a while back with links to more info:

 http://robots.net/article/1222.html

-Steve