[DPRG] linux/ARM system for $99?

Subject: [DPRG] linux/ARM system for $99?
From: R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Date: Thu Oct 28 19:06:14 CDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 18:02, Dale Wheat wrote:
> Atmel ARM9 processor...Could any of you take a peek at
> this for me and let me know if it would be a good basis
> for a Linux robot brain?

I'm sure Linux or uLinux would run on it. The trick will be finding out
what drivers have been ported to it and whether or not Atmel provides a
working kernel and tool chain. If they do, it would probably be easy to
set up and use. If not, you'd need to build a cross compiler and use
that to compile the Linux kernel. Sometimes that's easy and sometimes
not so easy depending on the chip. I'd be happy to give you hand with it
- I've been curious about the Atmel Arm chips for a while.

-Steve