[DPRG] linux/ARM system for $99?

Subject: [DPRG] linux/ARM system for $99?
From: Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Date: Sun Oct 31 07:47:36 CST 2004

I looked at something similar with a Dragonball processor.  By the time I
was finished my board cost more than a mini-ITX, and not as powerful. As a
result I could not justify the cost.  Linux for a PC based system is much
more established, and there is much more software that works out of the box.

The only downside for a mini-ITX is that it still needs multiple voltages.

The big upside is that there are a lot of peripherials and a lot of memory
and a lot of  ways to interface using the PCI bus.

Kip