[DPRG] Battery pack swap considerations?

Subject: [DPRG] Battery pack swap considerations?
From: Rick J. Bickle rbickle at swbell.net
Date: Thu Sep 2 17:12:48 CDT 2004

Clay,

This may not matter for your application, but NimH batteries don't
provide as high a current per minute as NiCd batteries do. This is why
you still see NiCd batteries used in high current applications like
cordless drills and saws. Also, they don't respond well to trickle
charging. Trickle chargers will shorten their life considerably. If you
are removing the batteries to charge them in a NiMh charger, then you
should have no problem.

Rick