[DPRG] Contest Rules Question : navigation guides

Subject: [DPRG] Contest Rules Question : navigation guides
From: Charlie W Youngblood chaz128 at juno.com
Date: Tue Sep 7 13:20:42 CDT 2004

Steven,
	The short answer is yes, as long as the navigation guide
doesn't damage the course or cause bodily injury. The guide would
have to be "placed" by the robot to maintain it's autonomy. The only
 "alternative" thing would be the method of guidance. Most robots have
on board guidance. Sonars, IR detectors,bump sensors, etc. If the robot
was to drop a beacon at the start area or along the way, then that would
be alternate. This would add to the difficulty of opperation, but
probably
would gain in overall points.

Charlie Youngblood
DPRG Librarian