DPRG List  

[DPRG] Chassis punches

Subject: [DPRG] Chassis punches
From: Ed Paradis legomaniac at gmail.com
Date: Tue Sep 7 14:34:15 CDT 2004

I'm building a radio and need some way to mount my vacuum tube
sockets.  The way to do this is to use what are called 'chassis
punches' to cut nice little 0.75" and 0.625" holes all over the place.

The company that makes these things is 'Greenlee'.  Unfortunately, I
don't have access to any small enough.

Since these are used heavily in field electrical work, I figured the
list would be a good place to ask.

They're traditionally used to make big holes (and small holes) in
metal cabinets for lines work.

On the other hand,  I just need holes this size in a piece of sheet
aluminum.   Any ideas?  I can use a drill press, but its non-optimal
because of the size of the bits and size of my drill.  I could have
used a mill, but my access to a mill on campus has disappeared.

any help would be a appreciated!

Ed Paradis

More information about the DPRG mailing list