[DPRG] Chassis punches

Subject: [DPRG] Chassis punches
From: Ed Paradis legomaniac at gmail.com
Date: Wed Sep 8 00:10:52 CDT 2004

wow thanks for al the responses guys!  This list is so awesome.

I think in the short term I'm going to try the step drill bit.  They
seem like the easiest thing to work with.  I've used them before 'in
the field'  on PVC pipes (on a certain underwater robot) with a hand
drill to an acceptable level of success.

I have plans for several of these chassis, and undoubtedly i'll screw
a couple up, so I have plenty of chances to try out the different
methods.

Also, I finally got a good look at the brakes in the Warehouse, and
I'll have to make use of those too.  I'm basically building an
aluminum box with holes, so a brake and punches are the two 'standard'
tools.

I'll be up at the warehouse next RBNO bending some aluminum in case
anyone wants to have an aluminum bending party.  It's always nice to
work in groups on some of this sort of stuff i've found.

Ed