[DPRG] serial baudrate converter

Subject: [DPRG] serial baudrate converter
From: Ted Larson ted at larsonland.com
Date: Wed Sep 8 13:24:01 CDT 2004

Ahhh...I hadn't seen Ed's reply before I sent mine.

I am pretty sure his suggestion is better because you can get dual UART
Atmel chips for much cheaper than dual UART PICs.  Coding a soft UART on the
PIC that works reliably is much trickier than the couple of bucks you will
save, just to make up for the fact that there aren't any cheap dual UART PIC
chips.

Ed's drumbeat of "you can do it all with an AVR" is sinking into my
brain.....The more I listen to him, the more I think I will probably be
defecting from PIC's to AVRs soon.

- Ted