[DPRG] serial baudrate converter

Subject: [DPRG] serial baudrate converter
From: D. Daniel McGlothin ddm at mcglothin.info
Date: Wed Sep 8 14:03:53 CDT 2004

http://www.bb-elec.com/product.asp?sku=232BRC&dept_id=53 ?

HTH,
Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: dprglist-bounces at dprg.org [mailto:dprglist-bounces at dprg.org]On
Behalf Of David P. Anderson
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 2:45 PM
To: Ted Larson
Cc: dprglist at dprg.org
Subject: Re: [DPRG] serial baudrate converter

Hello Ted, Ed,

"...size of your thumb" sounds good!

The host needs to send a one byte query and then receive 4 bytes of data,
at around 100 Hz, so a 4 byte fifo (maybe in the uart?) would do it.  I was
hoping for an off-the-shelf solution, Joe's Serial-Converters-R-Us, just
add water?  No?

Ted, how's your Robomagellan comming?  Any pictures?

thanks,
dpa