[DPRG] serial baudrate converter

Subject: [DPRG] serial baudrate converter
From: Randy M. Dumse rmd at newmicros.com
Date: Wed Sep 8 14:43:00 CDT 2004

> I was hoping for an off-the-shelf solution

Hi, DPA, don't you have an IsoPod(TM) V2? If so, you probably
already have a small controller with two RS-232 serial ports.

Program would be easy,

HERE 80 4 + ALLOT CONSTANT RBUFF0 EEWORD
HERE 80 4 + ALLOT CONSTANT TBUFF0 EEWORD
HERE 80 4 + ALLOT CONSTANT RBUFF1 EEWORD
HERE 80 4 + ALLOT CONSTANT TBUFF1 EEWORD

: STARTUP
  RBUFF0 80 4 + SCI0 RXBUFFER
  TBUFF0 80 4 + SCI0 TXBUFFER
  RBUFF1 80 4 + SCI1 RXBUFFER
  TBUFF1 80 4 + SCI1 TXBUFFER
  9600  SCI0 BAUD
  19200 SCI1 BAUD
  REDLED OFF GRNLED OFF YELLED OFF
  BEGIN
    SCI0 RX? IF REDLED ON SCI0 RX SCI1 TX REDLED OFF THEN
    SCI1 RX? IF GRNLED ON SCI1 RX SCI0 TX GRNLED OFF THEN
    YELLED TOGGLE
  AGAIN
; EEWORD

AUTOSTART STARTUP ( V.7 VERSION OF AUTOSTART
SAVE-RAM

I think that would give you 80-character, fully-buffered,
interrupt-driven, bidirectional, serial I/O. Haven't tested it
yet, but have used the serial channels extensively for other
purposes. If the program works, downloading it will set the 'Pod
to operate like that from there on, as the words are moved into
Flash, and the program autostarted.

The RED Led should flash when SCI0 passes a character in, and
the Green LED should flash when SCI1 passes a character in. The
Yellow LED will dim a little (actually flashing very fast) to
give you an indication of program operation.

If nothing else, you could atleast tell today if this approach
would work for you, without having to build any new hardware.
Having a capable prebuilt micro around can be handy for those
quick jobs.

Randy
www.newmicros.com