[DPRG] UTD and Wireless Networking

Subject: [DPRG] UTD and Wireless Networking
From: Jeff Koenig jkoenig at airmail.net
Date: Fri Sep 10 19:39:32 CDT 2004

O.K., this is a *bit* off-topic:

I read on Slashdot (www.slashdot.org) that UTD is attempting to limit
wireless internet use on campus, and that this extends to the student living
areas, which are apartments that are owned by UTD.

Anyone know more about this?  Feel free to e-mail me directly, if this is
not of interest to the group as a whole.

I'm concerned about the robotists at UTD who may not be able to use a legal
part of the spectrum because of someone's ill-conceived plan to regulate the
airwaves.

I'm an alumni, and have my 15-year reunion there this October.  I'd prefer
that my Alma Mater was not known for boneheaded policies, so this concerns
me.

The article is here, page down a bit:

http://slashdot.org/index.pl?issue=20040909

Jeff, N5RPL