[DPRG] Repair parts for a Weller WCC100 solder station?

Subject: [DPRG] Repair parts for a Weller WCC100 solder station?
From: Chuck McManis cmcmanis at mcmanis.com
Date: Thu Sep 23 22:22:19 CDT 2004

At 09:43 PM 9/23/2004 -0500, Bill Boyer wrote:
>Several places sell the Hakko knock-offs for under $50 -- the real thing
>is $100 -- they have them at Fry's. The Hakko units are far superior to
>the Weller irons in a production environment.

My experience with the Hakko has been that its not quite as quick to get to
temperature nor does it regulate as well as my Weller WSD station. Everyone
tells me I should get a Metcal iron and then I'll "really" know what a
decent soldering iron is like but I've not yet caught one on ebay or
decided to pony up the extra bucks. On the road I *really* like the Weller
Pyropen.

--Chuck