[DPRG] Re: Robo-magellan

Subject: [DPRG] Re: Robo-magellan
From: David P. Anderson dpa at io.isem.smu.edu
Date: Tue Sep 28 23:12:58 CDT 2004

Hi Pete,

It does sound like it was a lot of fun.  I mean no disrespect.
I think what you guys are trying to do is really important and
also somewhat of a thankless task wink-wink-nudge-nudge-say-no-more.

I did not make it to Robothon this year but the times I've been in
previous years were inspiring and valuable experiences and I'm
very grateful that you go to all the trouble it takes to make it
happen.

I especially like the RoboMagellan event.  I believe it, like all
creations of man, is capable of being improved.  This is after all
just the alpha version, as Karl put it.

But getting the robots outdoors is a really great thing, and a
"whole new world" as it were.  Bravo to you and Doug and Larry
and Tom and whoever else lent a hand in bringing this event to
life.

best regards,
dpa