[DPRG] Lantronix WiPort

Subject: [DPRG] Lantronix WiPort
From: Bradley Cromwell brc0033 at unt.edu
Date: Tue Feb 1 14:49:48 CST 2005

Has anybody used the <a
href="http://www.gridconnect.com/dk-wiport.html">Lantronix Wiport</a>?
I'm really wanting to buy one of these for my 'bot, but $300 is a lot of
money for someone basically living on student loans ;-).  I want to use
this to wirelessly control my OOPic over the web via the wiports serial
port, and display sensor data/etc back to me.   Also, I'd really love to
see the code of an applet that can send/receive on a serial port.  I
cannot get it to work in an applet, i can do the stand alone app.
Anywho, if you've used this, I'd love to hear from ya!
Thanks a bunch,
Brad C.