[DPRG] Cheap SLA batteries at Walmart

Subject: [DPRG] Cheap SLA batteries at Walmart
From: DeltaGraph at aol.com DeltaGraph at aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 2 17:37:09 CST 2005

David M,

Just thinking about your 12V 2.3 Ah gel cells.
That is a great deal.

For me the weight savings using Ni-Mh is really worth it.

I bought an 8 pack of AA Ni-Hh batteries last night at Walmart for about $17
Maybe they are stretching the truth but rating is 2.5 Ah.

(I did this looking for your battery deal though)  South Irving Walmart (183 &
 Esters) did not appear to have on sale.

So on the Ni-Mh "AA" figure and extra couple of batteries ($4)
A 10 cell holder from mouser costs about $1.50.

So $22.50 is a bit more than $5, but weight savings big time!

Of course I need to make a charger or waste time pulling, charging and
replacing to pack.

Ron