[DPRG] Atmel Comparison

Subject: [DPRG] Atmel Comparison
From: Bill Boyer daweasel at swbell.net
Date: Sat Feb 5 23:43:13 CST 2005

When you design a board for production, you typically put in some extra
vias so you can run the board on a tester. In some cases you can use the
same bed-of-nails fixture to do the programming.

Sometimes you can get lucky at Fry's -- Rick and I spotted a
60-something pin chip-clip marked for $4 -- Mouser gets $50+ for it.
Now that we have the CNC router working well, we plan to make some test
fixures with pogo pins. I can forsee us doing a similar setup for
programming when we go into production on some of the bigger boards.