[DPRG] mouse guts

Subject: [DPRG] mouse guts
From: W.E.Cole wecole at ev1.net
Date: Sun Feb 6 22:44:03 CST 2005

Hmmm... interesting. All of the mice I've torn apart (and granted, it's only
been 4-5) had only one detector pair per encoder. One set (encoder, emitter,
detector) reads the x axis, the other set reads the y-axis. (To be honest, I
thought that was how all of the mechanical mice did it.)

I'm curious - why do some of them use two sets to read each axis?

~WEC