[DPRG] I2C EEPROM Question

Subject: [DPRG] I2C EEPROM Question
From: Rick J. Bickle rbickle at swbell.net
Date: Tue Feb 8 14:06:29 CST 2005

Scott,

If you need more nonvolatile storage, CF is a good cheap way to go.
You can find interfacing circuitry on www.sandisk.com. I believe they
were the inventors of CF.
The only trick is, if you want to read the CF card on a PC, you will
have to write your own FAT system for it.
Otherwise, the interface is really just a parallel bus arrangement,
similar to IDE.

Or, you could consider using a large flash device on the parallel bus.
You can get these up to a couple of Meg x 8.
Note that your EEPROM was 512K x 1 or 64K x 8.

Rick