[DPRG] The Encoder Secret (Scavenging Help)

Subject: [DPRG] The Encoder Secret (Scavenging Help)
From: Dale Wheat dale at dalewheat.com
Date: Wed Feb 9 13:04:13 CST 2005

Ken,

 > The note from BGmicro said something about the Allen wrench size being
 > 1.5mm and I don't have an Allen wrench set, so that might be part of the
 > problem. Those little holes in the side of those shaft things do not
 > particularly look like an Allen wrench goes there, but I still haven't
 > figured out how to use these *&^* bifocals, so there's not telling,
really.

Yes, they're really held on with set screws.  You'll need an 1.5mm allen
wrench to get them off.  Don't try a standard allen wrench - you'll just
strip it.

Also, some of the gears are glued to the shafts.  Use nail polish
remover to dissolve this before removing the gears.  To not use any
force at all to remove the gears from the motor shafts - they are very
delicate, precision gearboxes, and the slightest deflection will render
them useless.

Thanks,

Dale Wheat
http://dalewheat.com