[DPRG] Emedded video processing

Subject: [DPRG] Emedded video processing
From: Kenneth Maxon kmaxon at qwest.net
Date: Fri Feb 11 21:28:49 CST 2005

I don't know if you have time, but if you can, get to the library and review
the book, "Algorithms for Image Processing and Computer Vision" by
J.R.Parker.  This book surveys so much of the work being done in vision
processing today, I'd consider it a must read.  One of the things that
should jump out at you in just the first two chapters is that most vision
processing algorithms are highly recursive.  Those that aren't usually have
alternate solutions that get incrementally better w/respect to run time
results by implementing versions that are recursive.  There is just a very
large body of work there screaming for more horse power.

BTW, if your library doesn't have it and can't get it, this is one I would
recommend buying.  It is a worth while investment as nearly all of it
applies to robotics...

     -Kenneth
      (Unit 3's in trouble and it's scared out of its wits) -Geddy Lee