[DPRG] Sat meeting, tanks, hardware, and other news

Subject: [DPRG] Sat meeting, tanks, hardware, and other news
From: W.E.Cole wecole at ev1.net
Date: Wed Feb 16 09:24:21 CST 2005

I really wish I could have gone to the meeting Saturday, I'd have loved to
see that modified tank and Randy's new DDM boards. Unfortunately, I've been
sick with the flu for a over a week (haven't even been online in 8 days -
man, the spam piles up!). I had also hoped to have the new hardware library
catalog finished in time for the meeting, but that just wasn't happening. I
should have it finished and printed for the next meeting.

I've seen a few more "specials" at Walmart (I live by the Garland location
and work across the street from another @635/Midway). Most of the Walmarts
are trying to dump their left over Christmas inventory and have finally
marked down some of the left over R/C stuff I've been watching. Both stores
marked down the 12v gel-cell battery packs we've been talking about - they
were $18.97 and now they're $9, but stock is real low both places. I've seen
several smaller R/C tanks marked down, but nothing that really impressed me.
I did notice one of the stores (Garland I think) had the really cool
multi-track R/C car that sold for around $89 marked down to around $40 or
so.

~Bill