DPRG List  

[DPRG] "Body work" on plastic parts

Subject: [DPRG] "Body work" on plastic parts
From: W.E.Cole wecole at ev1.net
Date: Wed Feb 16 22:26:31 CST 2005

I'm going to do some "body work" on one of my two M-5 tanks to make it look
less like a tank and more like a "sci-fi" robot. I need to fill in some
holes in the plastic body. The plastic seems like the same stuff they mold
model cars and planes out of, but much thicker (1/8" in most places). Some
of the holes are tiny (1/8" or less) and some are large (1" or larger). The
larger one will have plastic "plates" of the same material glue behind the
holes and will just need the depressions filled in, so none of the "body
work" will need much material stregth.

What type of material(s) would make good fillers for this type of plastic? I
may try Bondo (after I test some to see how it reacts with the plastic) but
maybe someone else has tried this themselves and can save me some
experimenting time....


More information about the DPRG mailing list