[DPRG] Robo Maid

Subject: [DPRG] Robo Maid
From: Dale Wheat dale at dalewheat.com
Date: Sun Feb 20 15:13:31 CST 2005

 From the Caveat emptor/Too-good-to-be-true department:

Nope, no sensors, but watch out for this angle:

http://www.phillyimc.org/article.pl?sid=05/01/29/2254236&mode=thread

Exerpt:

"After ordering a Robomaid and a set of pads (approximately $25 with
shipping) I recieved a package containing 2 Robomaids, 6 sets of pads
and a bill of nearly $93 on my Visa.

The Customer Representative said they would refund $43 if I return one
Robomaid and 5 sets of pads, claiming $32 as non-refundable shipping
charges. I filed a mail fraud complaint with the US Postal Service who
eventually did nothing about this scam."

Hmmm... crap like this gives robots a bad name  :(

Thanks,

Dale Wheat
http://dalewheat.com
(877) DALE WHEAT