[DPRG] Robo Maid

Subject: [DPRG] Robo Maid
From: D. Daniel McGlothin ddm at mcglothin.info
Date: Sun Feb 20 15:28:05 CST 2005

I did not take mine apart, but it reminded me of the Squiggle Ball.

I'd guess that the entire innards are attached to the axis of the outer ball
via the motor shafts, and that the battery holder (the weight) is allowed to
pivot slightly in a plane perpendicutlar to that axis.  Anyway, it produces
"random" motion--although when trapped by several obstacles, the motion
starts to seem almost predictible.

As far a a cleaner, if your floors are hard-surfaces, and free enough from
clutter as would be likely required for the robomaid (clutter includes
furniture legs, etc), a few seconds with a dust mop applied by hand would be
quicker.  But, I suppose,  we all indulge and humor our "toys", so that
might not be an issue.

Daniel