[DPRG] 100 robot sets needed (fwd)

Subject: [DPRG] 100 robot sets needed (fwd)
From: Kipton Moravec kmoravec at spectronics.us
Date: Fri Feb 25 08:34:01 CST 2005

Singapore also has a big Micromouse competition for high schoolers. They
have a kit that they build, and most of them (from what I understand)
download software off the internet to run the course.  Three of the
Micromouse competitors at the APEX competition in Dallas a few years back
were these kits. They took the first three places if I remember correctly.

This is the basis for the request, I am guessing.

On the otherhand, if the robot was based on a simple kit with wall following
sensors, odometry, a flame sensor, and a fan, it probably could be built in
the pacific rim or China for under $100. That is what they are basing it on.
It would cost a lot more to build it in the U.S.

Kip