[DPRG] Looking for a robotic toy donated at RBNO

Subject: [DPRG] Looking for a robotic toy donated at RBNO
From: W.E.Cole wecole at ev1.net
Date: Sun Feb 27 01:09:14 CST 2005

No, it wasn't tossed. I was there that night and helped with the clean up. I
remember someone picking up the toy and taking it home, I just don't
remember who. In either case, if it's destroyed or being used, it's not a
big deal. I was just asking on the slim chance the body was sitting in a
closet somewhere because someone wanted the base but not the body. I found
an identical robot on eBay, so they're around if I *really* want one. To be
honest, I'm just looking for a 10-18" robot body with a classic sci-fi robot
"look" (head, torso, arms) to build into the upper part of my converted M5
tank.

Since it will be a show 'bot instead of a contest 'bot, I'm trying to build
something that small children can readily identify as a robot; basically
something that looks more like a "classic" robot from the movies and less
like a strange r/c toy, which is what most of our robots looks like. (I hope
everyone has as off-beat a sense of humor as I, so that you can  appreciate
the irony of building an r/c toy to look like a robot because the real
robots look too much like r/c toys.)

~WEC