[DPRG] Platform independent servo controller

Subject: [DPRG] Platform independent servo controller
From: Jeremy Adams j2 at adams-assoc.com
Date: Sun Feb 27 12:47:44 CST 2005

I am interested in commanding servos through a generic interface like
(RS-232) or maybe even USB. I have an SSC that has a USB interface (ACS USB
SSC) that I bought but it's sample code for the interface is all MS Windows.
I prefer a platform independent approach esp. UNIX. I would like a scalable
number of servo outputs and sensor inputs/outputs. Any suggestions?

Any suggestions for a good medium-sized, base robot hardware platform minus
the Basic Stamp, PIC, etc.?

Jeremy Adams