[DPRG] grounding motor cases

Subject: [DPRG] grounding motor cases
From: Bill Boyer daweasel at swbell.net
Date: Tue Jul 5 16:59:09 CDT 2005

Possibly use shielded cable to run the motor power with the shield grounded
only on the motor control end?

If you have a metal chassis and the motors are bolted to it, you may wind up
with a ground loop the chassis is already ground and you run a ground wire
to the motor.

Best solution may be to put the sonar stuff in a metal box and only run
digital out of the box.