[DPRG] Battery Chargers at picnic

Subject: [DPRG] Battery Chargers at picnic
From: Eric Sumner kd5bjo at gmail.com
Date: Fri Jul 8 15:09:16 CDT 2005

We will be bringing the AUV with us to the picnic tomorrow.
Unfortunately, our runtime at the moment is only 1-2 hours before our
batteries need to be recharged.  We have four battery packs and one
charger, so recharging all of our batteries can take several hours.
If anyone could bring an additional charger for NiMH batteries (w/
power supply, if needed), we could significantly increase our total
run time at the picnic, and consequently the enjoyment of all.

For the curious, our battery configuration is:
  * 2x 8Ah 10-cell NiMH packs (motors)
  * 1x 3Ah 10-cell NiMH pack (electronics)
  * 1x 3Ah 7-cell NiMH pack (wireless network)

The two smaller packs have the standard R/C battery connectors, and
the larger ones have tabs that can be clipped to.

  -- Eric Sumner