[DPRG] Slip Rings

Subject: [DPRG] Slip Rings
From: Kipton Moravec (SPEC Manufacturing) kip.moravec at specmanufacturing.com
Date: Fri Jul 22 16:16:09 CDT 2005

Slip RingsYou want to rotate each motor >360 degrees to turn? I would design
them out.

I guess I don't understand.

I think you can build them using motor brushes for the contacts and a ring
of metal.

Another option is like a lazy susan, with bearings between the two surfaces.
You would need two tracks of different diameters with a non-insulating
material separating them.

With my lack of machine tools I would probably make one surface from a PCB
with a round track of copper, and roll 3 or 4 little metal wheels on each
track to make contact.
I would also  look for security cameras. They sometimes have slip rings for
360 degree turning.

I also did a web search for slip rings. They are probably expensive.
http://www.polysci.com/SlipRings/slipring.html,
http://www.polysci.com/docs/DtS%20-%20AC6438.pdf

Kip