[DPRG] steadycam video

Subject: [DPRG] steadycam video
From: David P. Anderson dpa at io.isem.smu.edu
Date: Sat Jul 30 14:23:06 CDT 2005

Howdy

Ok, here's my first attempt at using the steadycam support
with my video camera: just moving through the Heroy building
where I work, and up a flight a stairs (2.2M mpg):

<http://www.geology.smu.edu/~dpa-www/robo/jbot/steadycam_1.mpg>

And here's one actually following the robot through the woods
(20M mpg):

<http://www.geology.smu.edu/~dpa-www/robo/jbot/jbot_steadycam_1.mpg>

I have the camera mounted on a bracket on the bottom of the boom,
which allows me to shoot a "robot's eye view" of the landscape,
and zoom in on the vehicle as well.  Pretty cool.

It works remarkably well, and not particularly heavy over the course
of these 5 minute videos.   You can see my shadow at a couple of
places in the video, which gives an idea of the mount and how I
am carrying it.

More to come!

cheers,
dpa