[DPRG] Board indication of 120VAC

Subject: [DPRG] Board indication of 120VAC
From: jdrumm9015 at aol.com jdrumm9015 at aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 1 13:15:24 CDT 2005

Kip,
  I couldn't resist adding one more option for your on board indicator of 120VAC.
What about old technology, a neon light bulb?  An NE-2 (?) triggers at 90VAC, a rather
modest resistor in series is all that is additionally required.  However if you need to connect
this to a microcontroller circuit like Rick pointed out, the neon light won't work.

John Drummond