[DPRG] Board indication of 120VAC

Subject: [DPRG] Board indication of 120VAC
From: Bill Boyer daweasel at swbell.net
Date: Wed Jun 1 14:10:26 CDT 2005

Also a poorman's ring indicator for phone work. Early schematics for making
a lamp flash when the phone rang used this circuit to drive a triac.

We actually had a product which used some manufactured sensors with a
similar design. Unfortunately they were the part most likely to fail and
were discontinued about 10 years ago.