[DPRG] FYI, If you're interested in a lot of cheap surplus components...

Subject: [DPRG] FYI, If you're interested in a lot of cheap surplus components...
From: Bill Boyer daweasel at swbell.net
Date: Wed Jun 1 23:16:56 CDT 2005

Yup. Surplus good.

Rick and I are still working on bags of components my former employer
was throwing out. It was cheaper for them to get rid of parts used in
products they no longer build than to keep track of them in the stock
room and pay inventory tax on them.

Also, the packaging on tape and reel parts gets funky after being in a
hot warehouse for a few years, and since they will no longer go through
a sequencer or insertion machine, they toss them out.