[DPRG] Air Conditioning At the Garland Warehouse

Subject: [DPRG] Air Conditioning At the Garland Warehouse
From: Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Date: Sat Jun 4 09:26:44 CDT 2005

Good Job Guys.

I am not an HVAC person, but you need to make sure you have enough flow
across the AC coils or they will freeze up.  It sometimes happens when
you let your filters get too dirty.

I believe you get the most efficiency with more air moving across the
coils, so more airflow is better. Adding a second or third duct to get
the area to match what is coming in is probably a good idea. Also don't
put the vent near the return. :)

I am assuming your duct is round. So 14 inch duct has a cross section of
154 Sq Inches. A 10 inch Duct has 79 Sq Inches.  So you need at least
another 10 inch Duct. A 16 inch duct is 201 Sq Inches.  The cheap 8 inch
ducts are only 50 Sq Inches. The extra duct also helps distribute the AC
around the room.