[DPRG] Mattel JuiceBox = ARM7 + color LCD + ucLinux

Subject: [DPRG] Mattel JuiceBox = ARM7 + color LCD + ucLinux
From: R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Date: Sat Jun 4 17:06:24 CDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 15:40 -0500, Dale Wheat wrote:
> I've been reading about the hacking potential of Mattel's
> JuiceBox ... a Samsung ARM7 running uClinux with a
> 240x160 color LCD.  Google tells you more.

A good starting point for hacking information is here:

http://www.elinux.org/wiki/JuiceBox

Looks like there's a jtag port accessible on the PCB but I could tell if
anyone had successfully talked to it. Emsoft, who makes the thing,
offers full source to the uClinux and Nano-X windows code used on the
player (links on the above site).

> Has anyone seen one of these or
> know where I can get one?

Lots of them listed on eBay in the < $20 range:
http://search.ebay.com/juicebox-player

-Steve