[DPRG] Summer table-top competition.

Subject: [DPRG] Summer table-top competition.
From: DeltaGraph at aol.com DeltaGraph at aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 13 12:08:11 CDT 2005

Martin/All,

Ron Grant will enter 1 robot in each contest Scoring Plans Supported (MBJ)

Maybe contestants would respond to which plans they would support to give
Martin an idea of what flexibility people are willing to go for -- at least for
the future, if not for  this contest.

(Plan M)
Martin, I support your single judge, time keeper and scoring slave plan.
(OK, in all fairness Martin, reduced significantly the "slave" aspect of
scoring with single judge)

(Plan B)
I would also support Brian Merritt's proposal of pulling subjective scoring
which results in all remaining scores being multiple of 10 (which can be
divided by 10) and hence reaching areas A,B not touching Walls results in single
tallies that can be managed by one or  two people  (Timekeeper - Judge - Score
Tally all in one or two). Fastest three times 4,2,1 points (instead of
40,20,10).

For subjective awards we have Best Engineered and Da Vinci which I would
suggest getting popular votes on -- engage the audience in looking at robots and
making those decisions during the contest -- or at the end like with did talent
show with numbers on each robot.

(Plan J)
I would also support John Drummond's proposal of reducing contests to races
based on time with basic qualification of completion e.g. crossed line A, B and
back across line A.
Single person Judge/TimeKeeper/Score of course.

We should have a better idea about warehouse A/C performance this Tuesday. It
was pretty much offline last week - probably low on refrigerant. I will tend
to that and pickup some larger duct.

Ron