[DPRG] Servo Survey

Subject: [DPRG] Servo Survey
From: David Peterson robodave1 at comcast.net
Date: Mon Jun 13 21:37:04 CDT 2005

I couldn't find the chart either but did notice that there is a "360
Modifiable: Yes/No" line in the tech description of many servos at
www.ServoCity.com  ( www.Robotzone.com )  I'd personally think that most
metal geared servos would be easiest to modify (pull the stop pin on the
output gear, and remove a bracket/sleeve on the pot, or move the pot).
Also the ball bearing servos would seem to hold up better when using the
output as a supporting wheel shaft. A pair of servos I've recently
bought were ball bearing metal geared Blue Bird servos from
www.balsapr.com where some BBMG (ball bearing/ metal gear) can be had
for around $20 each. One set of servos I'd found somewhat difficult to
modify were a set of super cheap Hobbico CS-60s. Hitecs would probably
be your best bet if ordering from Tower.

Dave